Back in 2002, when I started teaching classes in One Stroke Decorative Painting, I was quite surprised that the One Stroke organization did not have pre-planned courses for their One Stroke Certified Instructors to teach, along with supply lists, and step-by-step instructions. As a newly certified instructor, I struggled with planning the classes, and demonstrations, that I was holding at the local Michael’s Arts and Crafts store.
Perhaps if I had been painting for a number of years before becoming a certified instructor it would have been easier for me to plan the classes, but I really had only been painting less than a year before I became an instructor and landed the job at Michael’s.
I had been given the impression that I was going to get a lot more help with planning and executing the classes, and demonstrations that I was expected to hold. Because of this, I found myself spending at least eight hours planning and conducting a two-hour class, and getting paid very little money for the time I had invested.
To be honest, if I didn’t love decorative painting, and sharing what I had learned, and the great students that I had coming to classes, I probably would have thrown in the towel. But decorative painting is a lot of fun, and I didn’t want to give it up!
One of my favorite demonstrations that I did at the store, was with the Outdoor Paints that had been newly released by Folk Art Paints. The demonstration was done in only one hour, start to finish, with a wooden birdhouse. The photos above are the result of that demonstration that I had done. I can’t remember for sure what year that was (I wish I had written the date on the project) but I think it was in 2002.
I get a lot of compliments (and offers to buy) that cute little birdhouse! A few people have even commented that they think it is cute enough to be sold online on websites like YardEnvy.com. I considered selling it on Etsy, but my hubby insists that it is “his” birdhouse and he won’t let me sell it! It seems that every time I make something and talk about selling it, to generate a little bit of extra income, my hubby “rescues it” and claims it as “his” so it ends up staying home with us!
Posted in Crafts, DIY projects, Family and Friends, Life, Make money, Memories, Shopping and tagged crafts, decorative painting, fun, income, One Stroke Decorative Painting by LindaB with .
- This in an opportunity for the right person, a self starter with drive, motivation, and the determination to succeed, to earn and incredible income. Our agents our currently earning from $500 – $5,000 a week part time – to $200,000 – $300,000. +++ full time.
- This is an incredible opportunity to help interested clients keep their most valuable assets in an increasingly difficult economy. You will be meeting with clients that are not only interested in seeing you but have asked for you to visit them and review their financial portfolios.
- This is an excellent opportunity for you to build, lead and train a successful team of agents. This will allow you a residual income that is truly beyond your expectations. Currently we have team leaders and partners in our business that are earning in excess of $50,000.00 a week.
- This position offers you a chance to truly experience freedom in your work place. Freedom to work when you want to and earn what you desire and deserve. You must be a disciplined and tenacious individual that can prioritize your time and work schedule as well as an individual that enjoys the rewards of travel, bonuses, and paid reward vacations to exotic parts of the world like Puerto Rico, Fiji, Portugal etc.
If you are willing to work harder than you’ve ever worked, have more fun than you’ve ever had and truly make a difference in your clients lives, drop me a line at email@example.com
Posted in life insurance, Make money and tagged income, money, opportunity by LindaB with 2 comments.
Looking to add a few good men and women to my sales team!
Part-time employees can make $500 – $1000 per week for 12-20 hours per week
Full-time employees can make much more!
Part-time or full–time hours are available
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be legal to work in the United States Must pass state police background check
- Must be Trustworthy
- Must enjoy helping people
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be computer literate and have Internet Access
- Will need to pass a life insurance agent test (and get licensed for it.) (We will help you with that!)
- Work from home
- No cold calls
- Flexible hours
- No previous experience required
If you are interested, or know someone who might be interested, please contact me so I can get them started on making some good money!
Posted in life insurance, Make money and tagged career, income, job, money by LindaB with .